Amy Bellinghausen, MDPulmonary, Critical Care, & Sleep MedicineUC San Diego Department of Medicine
Dr. Bellinghausen grew up in Portland, OR, moving southward for college in the beautiful Napa Valley. She attended medical school and residency at Loma Linda University before coming to UCSD for fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care. While in residency, she was the two-time recipient of the William Von Pohle Award in Critical Care, chosen by the nurses and respiratory therapists of the medical ICU to honor one resident who excelled in critical care medicine. She was also awarded Internal Medicine Resident of the Year 3 years in a row. During her second year of residency, Dr. Bellinghausen was privileged to have the opportunity to spend a month in working in the ICU and medicine ward of the Adventist hospital in Blantyre, Malawi. In her time away from the ICU, she enjoys traveling and spending time with her family (including her cats, Asimov and Helix and her pufferfish, Eggroll).
Education & Training
• 2010 : Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA, B.S., Psychology
• 2014 : Loma Linda University Medical Center, M.D.
• 2014 – 2017 : Loma Linda University Medical Center, Residency, Internal Medicine
• 2017 – 2020 : University of California San Diego, Fellowship, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
• Post Intensive Care Unit Syndrome
• ICU outcomes research
• International Medicine
1. Hepokoski ML, Bellinghausen AL, Bojanowski CM, Malhotra A. Recommended Reading from University of California, San Diego Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellows. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine. 2018 Aug 28(ja).
2. Giri PC, Stewart AB, Dinh VA, Chrissian AA, Nguyen HB. Developing a percutaneous dilatational tracheostomy service by medical intensivists: Experience at one academic Institution. Journal of critical care. 2015 Apr 1;30(2):321-6.
3. Ani C, Farshidpanah S, Stewart AB, Nguyen HB. Variations in organism-specific severe sepsis mortality in the United States: 1999–2008. Critical care medicine. 2015 Jan 1;43(1):65-77.