Christopher Amann, MDPulmonary, Critical Care, & Sleep MedicineUC San Diego Department of Medicine
Dr. Amann is originally from New Brunswick, NJ. He completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania, and then attended Jefferson Medical College. He was the recipient of a Uniformed Health Professions Scholarship from the United States Navy, and upon completion of his MD came to San Diego for post-graduate training. During his Naval career he has also received training in Diving and Undersea Medicine, and has served as an Undersea Medical Officer with Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal in Manama, Bahrain, as well as at the Naval Special Warfare Center in Coronado, CA. He has had a strong interest in Critical Care Medicine throughout his career, and will be completing a 2 year Critical Care Fellowship at UC San Diego.
Education & Training
Undergraduate: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA B.A, History
Medical School: Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
Internship: General Surgery, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA
Residency: Emergency Medicine, Naval Medical Center, San Diego, CA
• Critical Care Medicine
• Emergency Medicine
1. Hoyer R, Amann CJ, Austin AL. A Uniquely Abnormal Stool Specimen: A Case Report. J Emerg Med. 2018. Nov; 55(5):e125-e127. Doi: 10.1016/j.jemermed.2018.07.032 Epub 2018 Sep 28. PMIDL 30274729
2. Boni B, Amann C. Exertional Heat Illness Resulting in Acute Liver Failure and Liver Transplantation. J Spec Oper Med. Fall 2017;17(3):15-17. PMID: 28910461
3. Amann CJ, Austin AL, Rudinsky SL. Valentino’s Syndrome: A Life-Threatening Mimic of Acute Appendicitis. Clin Pract Cases Emerg Med. 2017 Jan 17;1(1):44-46. Doi: 10.5811/cpce,.2016.11.32571. eCollection 2017 Mar. PMID: 29849430
4. Franco RA, Dowdall JR, Bujold K, Amann C, Faquin W, Redmond RW, Kochevar IE. Photochemical repair of vocal fold microflap defects. Laryngoscope. 2011 Jun;12(6):1244-51. Doi: 10.1002/lary.21797. Epub 2011 Apr 7. PMID 21480282
5. Johnson TS, O’Neill AC, Motarjem PM, Amann C, Nguyen T, Randolph MA, Winograd JM, Kochevar IE, Redmond RW. J Surg Res. 2007 Dec;143(2):224-9. Epub 2007 Jun 1. PMID: 17543988
6. Chan BP, Amann C, Yaroslavsky AN, Title C, Smink D, Zarins B, Kochevar IE, Redmond RW. Photochemical repair of Achilles tendon rupture in a rat model. J Surg Res. 2005 Apr;124(2):274-9. PMID: 15820258.