Mazen Odish, MDPulmonary, Critical Care, & Sleep MedicineUC San Diego Department of Medicine
Dr. Odish was raised in Tempe, Arizona, where he completed his undergraduate and medical training. He then completed his residency at UC San Diego in internal medicine and pediatrics in 2013, and is currently board certified in both fields. His interest in intensive care started in medical school during his physiology courses, and Dr. Odish is planning on continuing ICU based research during fellowship. He is a committee member of the ATS training committee and the UC San Diego Graduate Medical Education Committee. He enjoys teaching housestaff and has received the Internal Medicine Residency Humanism and Teaching Award, American Academy of Pediatrics San Diego Chapter Excellence in Teaching Award, and the Internal Medicine Fellow of the Year Award.
Education & Training
- 2005 – 2009 : Arizona State University, B.S.E. Biomedical Engineering
- 2009 – 2013 : University of Arizona, School of Medicine – Phoenix, M.D.
- 2013 – 2017 : University of California San Diego Internal Medicine and Pediatrics Residency
- 2017 – 2020 : University of California San Diego, Fellowship, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
- ARDS, ICU Based Research, Cardiac Arrest
- Hepokoski, M., Odish, M., Malhotra, A., Prone positioning in acute respiratory distress syndrome: why aren’t we using it more? Journal of Thoracic Disease. 2018, April; 10(9).