Lucila Ohno-Machado, MD, PhD, started in her new position at UC San Diego on July 1.
Dr. Ohno-Machado has performed groundbreaking research and directed advanced training programs in the field of biomedical informatics. Her primary research interest is prognostic modeling, the development of statistical models to predict clinical outcomes.
Recent Publications from Dr. Ohno-Machado
- Racowsky C, Ohno-Machado L, Kim J, Biggers JD: Is there an advantage in scoring early embryos on more than one day? Hum Reprod. 2009 (in press). Abstract
- Matheny ME, Morrow DA, Ohno-Machado L, Cannon, CP, Sabatine, MS, Resnic FS: Validation of an Automated Safety Surveillance System with Prospective, Randomized Trial Data. Medical Decision Making. 2009; Mar-Apr;29(2):247-56. Abstract
- Curtis DW, Pino EJ, Bailey JM, Shih EI, Waterman J, Vinterbo SA, Stair TO, Guttag JV, Greenes RA, Ohno-Machado L: SMART–an integrated wireless system for monitoring unattended patients. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2008 Jan-Feb;15(1):44-53. Abstract
- Robles V, Bielza C, Larranaga P, Gonzales S, Ohno-Machado L: Optimizing logistic regression coefficients for discrimination and calibration using estimation of distribution algorithms. TOP. 2008;16(2):345-66. Full Text PDF (UCSD only)
- Matheny ME, Ohno-Machado L, Resnic FS: Risk-adjusted sequential probability ratio test control chart methods for monitoring operator and institutional mortality rates in interventional cardiology. Am Heart J. 2008 Jan;155(1):114-20. Abstract
- Matheny ME, Resnic FS, Arora N, Ohno-Machado L: Effects of SVM parameter optimization on discrimination and calibration for post-procedural PCI mortality. J Biomed Inform. 2007 Dec;40(6):688-97. Abstract