Faculty Position in the Division of Rheumatology, Allergy & Immunology: The Department of Medicine (http://med.ucsd.edu) at the University of California, San Diego is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body and is actively recruiting full-time Rheumatology or Allergy & Immunology faculty.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
1) demonstrate scholarly activity
2) maintain professional competence by attending in weekly outpatient adult clinics and participating in the inpatient/outpatient consult services (MD only)
3) maintain external funding and high productivity of publication in the peer-reviewed literature (non-clinical only)
4) demonstrate excellence in the teaching of medical and graduate students,
5) provide service to the University and academic community at a level commensurate with career stage
6) contribute to the maintenance of a collegial and collaborative academic environment.
Candidates must have a PhD or an MD. Candidates with an MD must be board BE/BC in Rheumatology or Allergy & Immunology and must be eligible for a California medical license.
The appropriate series and appointment at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
A link to full descriptions of each series is provided for your review:
- HS Clinical Professor – see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-278.pdf
- Clinical X Professor – see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-275.pdf
- Adjunct Professor – see: http://ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-280.pdf
- In-Residence Professor – see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-270.pdf
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on the University of California pay scales. Appointments may require candidates to be self-funded.
Applications must be submitted through the University of California San Diego’s Academic Personnel RECRUIT system at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF02072.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veterans status.