The Department of Medicine (http://med.ucsd.edu) at the University of California, San Diego is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body and is actively recruiting full-time Rheumatology or Allergy & Immunology faculty.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
- Demonstrate scholarly activity,
- Maintain professional competence by attending in weekly outpatient adult clinics and participating in the inpatient/outpatient consult services (MD only),
- Maintain external funding and high productivity of publication in the peer-reviewed literature (non-clinical only),
- Demonstrate excellence in the teaching of medical and graduate students,
- Provide service to the University and academic community at a level commensurate with his/her career stage, and,
- Contribute to the maintenance of a collegial and collaborative academic environment.
Candidates must have a PhD or an MD. Candidates with an MD must be board eligible/certified in Rheumatology or Allergy & Immunology and have or be eligible for a California medical license or equivalent certification/permit as determined by the Medical Board of California.
The appropriate series and appointment at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
A link to full descriptions of each series is provided for your review:
HS Clinical Professor – see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-278.pdf
Clinical X Professor – see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-275.pdf
Adjunct Professor – see: http://ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-280.pdf
In-Residence Professor – see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-270.pdf
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on the University of California pay scales. Appointments may require candidates to be self-funded.
Applications must be submitted through the University of California San Diego’s Academic Personnel RECRUIT system at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF02448
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.