Notice of availability of CFAR Developmental grants in HIV research
The Developmental Grant program of the San Diego Center for AIDS Research (SD CFAR) is designed to mentor and support new investigators and new ideas in HIV research. Applications are accepted from junior investigators who hold a faculty appointment and from established investigators in other fields who meet specific criteria. All applicants must be on faculty at one of the SD CFAR member institutions (UC San Diego, San Diego State University, the VA San Diego Healthcare System, The Scripps Research Institute, the Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, and the La Jolla Institute for Immunology).
Please note the following:
- SD CFAR Developmental grants may not be used to support postdoctoral fellows or clinical trials.
- If your proposal involves international research, please contact email@example.com before submitting your application as there are additional NIH requirements for research outside the U.S.
- Emerging investigators are asked to identify a mentor prior to submission of the proposal. The mentor will provide assistance with preparing the proposal, and if funded, with the conduct and publication of the study. To request a mentor, visit https://bit.ly/2oMsjrT.
- Experienced, senior investigators are asked to email their NIH biosketch and the abstract of their proposed Developmental grant to firstname.lastname@example.org one month before the application due date to confirm eligibility. Please see this page for details: https://bit.ly/2nVUcxb.
- Application deadlines are firm. Investigators are encouraged to submit their applications via InfoReady Review up to one week in advance of the due date so that any errors or technical difficulties can be addressed before the submission deadline. More information is available on this page: https://bit.ly/2nVUcxb.
Full details on applying for this opportunity are available on the SD CFAR website: https://bit.ly/2oHeavT
Deadline: Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 5:00 pm Pacific Time.
Please contact the SD CFAR Administrative Director, Liz Johnson, at email@example.com if you have questions regarding the application procedure.
Joshua Fierer, MD, Director
Mary Lewinski, MD, PhD, Associate Director
Developmental Core, San Diego Center for AIDS Research